Girls who are at least 6 months behind in their grade level and who live in or attend school in southwest Detroit are eligible for our academic year tutoring program. Mercy Education Project offers a free After-School Tutoring for girls in South West Detroit, grades 1-12 and includes transportation (if in certain area), a nutritious meal, Activity Time and One-on-One Tutoring (focused on math or reading). The Girls’ Program begins at the end of September or beginning of October and continues until the end of May or beginning of June.
We also offer:
- ACT/SAT Courses for 11th graders
- All-girls High School Robotics Team
- Family Nights
- High School Spring Break Camp
- Emerging Leaders Middle School College Exploration Summer Camp
Want to join?
Call us at 313.963.5881.
If there is no space right now, you/your child will be placed on a waiting list. If spaces open up during the year, we will call you.
All girls entering the program must:
- Take a test to see what we can work on.
- Complete all paperwork.
- Proof of Address (Government ID card, driver’s license, bill or bank statement)
- Proof of Income (Pay check stub, income tax form, Bridge Card, Medicaid Card, food stamps, Social Security Check/Statement, Welfare or Disability Check/Statement) AND
- Current IEP (Individualized Education Plan) - if applicable.
Schedule. There are two (2) sessions Monday- Thursday: 3:50-5:45 and 5:00-7:00.
Each girl will be assigned to their day and session once they are in the program.
We follow the DPS (Detroit Public School) schedule unless otherwise indicated. See this year’s calendar here (link).
Transportation Services are available to and from southwest Detroit schools and homes within the transportation boundaries. (zip codes 48209, 48216, portions of 48210 and 48208)