Our updated Wish List is below. We also welcome individuals and companies to hold specific collections for our girls and women. Please call Director of Development and Marketing, Susan Bresler, at (313) 963-5881 to make arrangements.
Did you know we provide daily meals in all of our programs? Donations of paper products (plates, napkins, coffee cups) and plasticware would help us greatly reduce the costs of these meals. In respect for the environment, we do not wish to use styrofoam.
For the Girls’ Programs:
- Items for 1st to 8th graders for the Prize Closet: Most items should range from $5 - $15 and should be new (e.g., Rainbow Looms, board games; Lego Friends; G or PG rated DVD's; disposable cameras, nail polish (no other makeup); Monster High items, Lalaloopsy dolls; books, fancy markers / pens; bracelets; jewelry boxes; pre-teen purses)
- School supplies: full size backpacks, pencil pouches, mechanical pencils, pocket folders, highlighters, crayons, markers, sharpies (all colors,) glue sticks, rulers, three ring binders (1"-2", colors and patterns)
- Gift cards to Meijer, Wal-Mart, Target, iTunes, Starbucks, Ulta Beauty, or Honey Bee Market in $5, $10, or $15 increments for incentives
- Nonperishable snacks (e.g., granola bars)
- Download a PDF of our Prize Closet Wish List.
- Download a PDF of our current Girls' Collection: School Supplies.
For the Women’s Programs:
- Planners for students to record and track homework
- Yellow highlighters
- Electric pencil sharpeners
- Liquid white board cleaner
- Stickers (any kind) to add to returned work
- 10 TI 30XS calculators to ensure success with the new online GED test
- Student materials: single subject notebooks, plain 2-pocket folders, pencils
- Gift cards to Meijer, Wal-Mart, or Target for emergency needs and incentives
Organizational Needs to Support All Services:
- 8.5 x11 copier paper
- Paper products (plates, napkins, cups, etc.) and plastic forks, spoons, and knives (no styrofoam please)