Mercy Education Project offers 16 hours of adult basic education and GED classes per week, Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Small classrooms and one-on-one tutoring are offered based on students’ assessment scores and learning plans. We are focused on helping prepare women for college and careers.
All women entering the program must attend one of the following new student orientations:
- Monday, October 26, 2015 from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 19, 2016 from 2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
New students MUST bring the following documentation to their orientation:
1) Picture identification (Driver’s license, State ID or passport)
2) Proof of household income (Pay stubs, Bridge card, income tax form, eligibility notice from Michigan Department of Human Services, Social Security letter, Medicaid / Medicare documentation or anything that shows sources of income).
3) $25 one-time, non-refundable fee (Cash, money order or credit / debit cards. No checks.)
2. Attend a New Student Assessment Session (You will be tested to identify your base starting point)
The following new student assessments sessions are scheduled for the 2015-16 school year:
- Wednesday, October, 28, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 20, 2016 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Classroom Schedule. We are not a drop-in program, we require students to attend classes Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Transportation Services to and from Mercy Education Project are available for women living within our transportation boundaries (Michigan Avenue to Fort Street & Lonyo Avenue / Springwells St. to M-10 Lodge).
Lunch and a coffee break are provided.
We are presently maintaining a waiting list. For more information, contact us at 313-963-5881